Roasted Fig Puree

Roasted fig puree recipeI spent the past weekend in Palm Springs, sweating profusely from the insane heat and enjoying a conference for health and wellness professionals. While I’m pretty sure I’m not considered a ‘professional’ in either health or wellness, I do love talking about (and eating) healthy food.

The range of attendees was quite impressive, from New York Times Best Selling Authors, to famous TV personalities, doctors and really smart biochemical engineering something-or-others. And while everyone had their own unique way of spreading the message of healthy living in the world, from TV gigs to humble little recipe blogs, there was one single message that kept coming up throughout the weekend.

Here’s what healthy living experts want YOU to do: Eat More Plants.

Such a startlingly simple message coming out of the most brilliant minds of our time. To be healthier, to feel better, to have more energy, to fight obesity, to combat disease we simply start by eating more plants.

If you really think about it, there’s nothing simple about plants. The complexities and synergy, the nutrients and the minerals — plants (fruits and vegetables) are truly miracle food. Especially when you compare organic produce with the nutritionally void, processed and packaged foods that make up a huge portion of our modern diets. There’s no comparison in health benefits, flavor and feel-goodness.

Got that? Eat More Plants! Tell a friend, tweet it out, post it, pin it, pass it on…

To get us started on our mission to bulk up on produce, here’s a recipe that’s made with fresh, organic figs. My in-laws grow a TON of produce in their tiny little backyard in Anaheim, and this week was big for their fig production. Big for figs. heehee.

Roasted fig puree recipe

Eat More Plants! These fresh figs are bursting with nutrients and minerals!

So what’s this Roasted Fig Puree all about? It’s mildly sweet with creamy fig flavor, and is a great way to use really ripe figs.

Here are my favorite ways to use this tasty Roasted Fig Puree…rub it on a coconut flour tortilla, serve over roasted chicken or lamb, mix into a smoothie, mix into this dairy-free yogurt recipe, eat by the spoonful, serve over roasted squash, put inside your surprise muffins, or spread over waffles and pancakes.Roasted fig puree recipe

Roasted Fig Puree
A Recipe by Diana Keuilian
5.0 from 1 reviews

Prep time
Cook time
Total time
Serves 12


  1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
  2. Wash the figs and pat dry. Cut off the tough stems and chop the figs into 4 pieces.
  3. In a large baking pan, combine the chopped figs, balsamic vinegar glaze and coconut palm sugar. Mix well. Cover tightly with foil and roast for 20 minutes.
  4. Remove from the oven. Once cooled, use a hand blender to puree the figs, leaving some piece still intact. Alternately, you could put 80% of the roasted figs into a blender or food processor, puree, and then mix the remaining 20% into the puree. Store in an airtight container in the fridge and use within a week.

Calories: 62     Fat: 3     Carbohydrates: 13     Sugar: 1     Sodium: 51     Fiber: 2     Protein: 0    

Roasted fig puree recipe


  • louise R December 12, 2014 at 11:08 pm

    can you use dried figs i have organic ones , and soak them in water if you can’t get them at your food stores near you.

    • Diana December 18, 2014 at 8:02 pm

      Hi Louise,

      This will most likely work but I have never tried it. Let me know how this turns out! Happy Holidays and Happy Cooking 🙂

  • Sheila Robins April 3, 2017 at 7:17 am

    Thank you for the recipe, it was much appreciated as the parrots are really enjoying themselves in our tree. I had to pick all that I could reach, then I had to use them quickly. Great result

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Rate this recipe: