Before converting my eating habits to the Real Healthy Recipes guidelines, I used to purchase a big bag of tortillas every time I went grocery shopping. And I felt pretty good about it too, since it was the whole wheat kind instead of the white ones. I’d roll up sliced turkey and cheese for B’s lunches and peanut butter and jelly for mine. I also liked to roll up scrambled eggs in tortillas for an on-the-way-to-work breakfast.
Since going grain and gluten free I’ve missed the convenience of those tortillas, and set out to make one with coconut flour.
There are endless possibilities on how to fill your tortilla wraps, but my favorite is with raw almond butter and fresh, organic black berries. To create your perfect wrap first choose a spread and then a filling. Here are a few ideas:
- Fresh organic berries or sliced fruit
- Your favorite meat, sliced or shredded
- Chicken salad
- Albacore Tuna, mixed with coconut milk, dill, celery and pickled red peppers
- Turkey Kebab
- Easy Baked Meatballs
- Scrambled eggs
- BLT style
I’ll show you just how easy it is to make these wholesome tortillas in the video below…
Don’t miss the blooper at the very end of the video — I demo what happens if you don’t let your tortilla cook long enough… 🙂
- Preheat a medium sized, non-stick skillet over medium low heat.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a high speed blender and mix until smooth.
- Coat the skillet with coconut oil. Pour ⅓ cup of batter into the skillet in a large tortilla shape. Allow to cook until set, then flip to brown the other side. Repeat with all of the batter — should make 12 tortillas.