My son, Andrew, is just as passionate about food and flavors as I am. This makes it very satisfying to create something extra special for him to oooh and ahhh over, and then enthusiastically scarf down.
One day he asked that I make him pancakes, and so I whipped up this recipe for Bananas Foster to serve on top. He loved it! Now it’s a tradition for us to enjoy this on lazy weekend mornings.
It’s also a wonderful topping for ice cream!
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 1 banana, cut in half lengthwise and widthwise
- sprinkle of ground cinnamon
- 1 oz light rum
- In a small skillet place the coconut oil and coconut sugar over medium high heat. Once melted, add the banana slices, caramelizing for about 2 minutes per side. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Remove the skillet from heat and pour the rum over the banana slices. To flambé, carefully light the sauce with a long-reach lighter. Spoon the flaming sauce over the banana slices until the flame is extinguished.
- Serve over pancakes or ice cream. Enjoy!