Holy smokes! This is the BEST recipe that I’ve made so far in 2017 – BY FAR!!! The intense Thai-inspired flavors explode on your tongue in the most delicious way. I can’t even look at this picture right now without craving another big bite!
B would like to point out that he thinks this is the **Best Recipe I’ve Ever Made**
I’m not typically a big fan of dished with lamb as the protein, but in this recipe I cannot get enough of it! If you’d prefer a different protein feel free to use ground pork or ground chicken. Be sure to serve over the Thai Roasted Cabbage! Enjoy!
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- ½ teaspoon ground fresh chili paste (sambal oelek)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chili pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon Garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground lamb
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- dash of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 fresh scallions, chopped
- 3 sweet mini bell peppers, diced
- ¼ cup dry-roasted peanuts, chopped
- In a small bowl whisk the coconut aminos, coconut palm sugar, fish sauce and chili paste.
- In a medium skillet place the coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions, minced chili pepper, and cook until the onion softens, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the lamb and cook, breaking it up, until no longer pink, about 8 minutes.
- Add the coconut amino mixture, half of the cilantro and ¼ teaspoon sea salt. Cook, stirring often, until the pan is almost dry, about 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat and add the lime zest and juice. Mix well and season to taste with more zest, lime and salt.
- Serve the lamb over Thai Roasted Cabbage and top with the diced sweet peppers, chopped scallions and chopped peanuts. Enjoy!