Orange Cashew Chicken

Best recipe for Paleo Orange Cashew Chicken

The recipe for Orange Cashew Chicken is a flavorful and quick dinner recipe.

Chicken and veggies is one of the most classic and healthy things that we can serve for dinner. However, it can quickly grow boring. This recipe takes the refreshing flavor of orange and the comforting crunch of cashews to create one memorable chicken dinner.

Why get greasy take-out when you can enjoy this homemade savory-sweet chicken dinner? With the use of some fruit-only marmalade and coconut aminos, the chicken takes on that beloved orange chicken flavor. Use the recipe for Honey Roasted Cashews to really amp up the flavor.

Orange Cashew Chicken

1. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 Tablespoon olive oil. Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper, cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Remove the chicken from skillet, set aside on a plate.
  2. Add the remaining 1 Tablespoon olive oil to the skillet, add the bell pepper, onion, garlic and ginger. Sauté for 5 minutes, until tender. Add the chicken, marmalade, hot sauce, coconut aminos and chicken broth. Mix well as the sauce thickens. Add the cashews and cook for another minute.
  3. Serve over cauliflower rice or quinoa and top with sliced green onions. Enjoy!

Calories: 320     Fat: 19     Carbohydrates: 16     Sugar: 1     Sodium: 868     Fiber: 2     Protein: 22
Best recipe for Paleo Orange Cashew Chicken

Serve with a side of Cauliflower Rice for the perfect meal.

Comments

• Lois January 8, 2015 at 12:13 pm

What are coconut aminos? I have never heard of them. Where do I purchase them?

• Diana January 8, 2015 at 10:36 pm

Hi Louis,

Coconut aminos are similar to soy sauce and you can purchase this at a healthy food store like sprouts or mothers. If you don’t have one of those stores in your area you can also purchase it from the amazon store and below is a link 🙂 Happy Cooking!

• Mary January 8, 2015 at 2:59 pm

Your recipe doesn’t say how much sugar is in it, I assume some???? Trying to find recipes that have no sugar and low carbs. Also what is amino coconut and where is it sold. Never heard of it.

• Diana May 25, 2016 at 8:08 pm

Hi Mary!

Coconut aminos is a delicious sauce made from coconut sap. It is dark, rich, salty and slightly sweet in flavor. It resembles a light soy sauce or tamari (wheat free soy sauce), but it is soy free and gluten free – making it the perfect replacement for those avoiding soy and gluten.

Here’s a link to where you can buy some.

Happy cooking! 🙂

• Vicki January 9, 2015 at 8:29 pm

Made this last night after I saw the email. It was a hit!!! Super easy to make even with the three different recipes (the rice and cashews). My boyfriend loved it and he usually hates my “healthy” recipe experiments. This one is definitely a repeat!

• Diana January 14, 2015 at 7:18 pm

Awesome, so happy you enjoyed it!

• Kendra January 10, 2015 at 6:56 pm

What stores can I find this marmalade at? Would a sugar free jelly work? I’m just nervous I won’t be able to find this ingredient.

• Nancy February 14, 2015 at 6:41 pm

I made this last weekend and my family loved it! This is definitely a new family favorite recipe

• Isabella March 3, 2015 at 9:40 pm

I made this last night and everyone loved it! Thank you for sharing this amazing recipe with all of us!

• Lily March 24, 2015 at 1:14 am

Love it! Easy to make and yummy! I served it over cauliflower rice. Everyone enjoyed it.

• Mina K. March 25, 2015 at 7:16 am

I made this last night and my family enjoyed it so much. I just have to double this recipe next time.
    Thank you for your hard work, Diana.