I know, I know, the adobo flavored recipes need to stop. It’s out of control.
Oh but it tastes so darn delicious, I can’t stop.
Try this awesome chicken, and you’ll fall in love with adobo too. Then move on to these recipes:Fully Loaded Sweet Potato Wedges with Bacon and Creamy Adobo Sauce, Leftover Meat Stew with Plantains, and Chili Stuffed Butternut Squash with Tropical Tequila Salsa and Creamy Avocado Dressing.
- 2 lbs organic chicken breast
- Dash of sea salt and black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 2 Tablespoon chili in adobo sauce
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Rinse the chicken breasts and pat dry. Butterfly cut the chicken, opening each breast up like a book. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. Place the chicken in a baking pan and set aside in the fridge as you prepare the sauce.
- Place the coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and continue to cook for about 10 minutes. Use a hand blender to puree the sauce until smooth.
- Coat the chicken with half of the sauce and marinate for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cover the chicken with foil and bake chicken for 30 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Serve warm with a spoonful of the reserved sauce. Enjoy!