Here’s a fun snack that tastes like a cheat food, but is actually in line with my Real Healthy Recipes Eating Guidelines.
Even though these are dairy-free, the taste reminds me of Cheez-It crackers.
These crackers are crunchiest when right out of the oven — once you store them in the fridge they soften.
Here’s what you need:
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 packet stevia
- 1 omega-3, free range egg
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- olive oil and sea salt for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- In a medium bowl combine the almond flour, coconut flour, salt, basil and stevia.
- Add the egg and mix well. Add the coconut oil and tomato paste, mix with your hands.
- Place the dough on the prepared pan. Top with another piece of wax paper, and press into a rectangle that is about 1/8 inch thick. Be careful not to let the edges get too thin.
- Use a knife to carefully cut the dough into 30 crackers — 6 lengthwise slices and 5 crosswise sections. Sprinkle with olive oil and sea salt.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the crackers are golden.
- Cool on the tray and then enjoy. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
Serving size= 5 crackers
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 118 calories, 8g fat, 83mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, and 4g protein