Here’s a variation of the Caveman Granola that I absolutely love. Chocolate is perfect any time of the day — especially when it comes in such a wholesome package.
When you can, add more chocolate. That’s my motto! This version of RHR granola is sinful, chocolate-y, and decadent.
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 Tablespoons raw honey, melted
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- ½ cup sprouted pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons flax seeds, ground
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds, ground (optional)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Lightly grease baking sheet with coconut oil.
- Melt the coconut oil and honey together over low heat. Remove from heat. Mix in the vanilla and almond extracts.
- In a large bowl combine all of the remaining ingredients, then mix in the coconut oil mixture until evenly coated.
- Spread granola over prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes, stir, and then bake for another 10 minutes or until golden brown.