Most quick breakfast foods are nothing more than grains and dairy — two things that will weigh you down rather than give you the boost of energy you need. The solution? Make enough Caveman granola to last you all week, and simply grab it out of the fridge, douse it in coconut milk and sprinkle on some fresh fruit. Now that’s a quick, energy-boosting breakfast that will get your day started right.
Looking for some variety? Try the recipe for Chocolate Spiced Granola next!
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 Tablespoons raw honey, melted
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons flax seeds, ground
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds, ground (optional)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Lightly grease baking sheet with coconut oil.
- Melt the coconut oil and honey together over low heat. Remove from heat. Mix in the vanilla and almond extracts.
- In a large bowl combine all of the remaining ingredients, then mix in the coconut oil mixture until evenly coated.
- Spread granola over prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes, stir, and then bake for another 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Did you try this recipe? Share how you liked it below…