I’m always on the lookout for quick, on-the-go, protein snacks to enjoy after my 5am morning workout at Fit Body Bootcamp.
It’s important to fuel tired muscles and refill energy stores after exercise, and while there are plenty of protein bars on the market, I find that making my own protein snacks using wholesome ingredients keeps me on track with my nutrition and increases fat burn!
Here’s my latest favorite protein snack (I didn’t share any with Cookie, my furry sidekick. A piece of bacon, maybe, but no protein power bites for Cooks!)
Whip up a batch of these tasty morsels to power you through the coming week…
- ½ cup natural peanut butter or almond butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup flaxseed meal
- ⅓ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon lily’s chocolate chips (stevia sweetened)
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup protein powder of choice
- ¼ cup coconut milk, full fat
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix until fully combined. Chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Form the chilled dough into 30 balls. Store in the freezer, then pack in ziplock bags for on-the-go power snacking! Enjoy!