Here’s another En Papillote recipe to try! This one combines tender salmon fillets with fresh kale, savory lentils, tangy cherry tomatoes in a refreshing cilantro dressing. Mmmmmmm!
As much as I’ve really enjoyed all of the En Papillote recipes that I’ve been playing around with, this one is my FAVORITE! Yes, you heard me. But that might just be because it’s the last one that I’ve tried.
To refresh your memory, here are the other just-as-easy, just-as-tasty En Papillote recipes to try:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry (or white grape juice)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 lemon, tested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 4 (6 oz) salmon fillets
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces cooked lentils
- 4 cups kale, steamed and chopped
- 20 cherry tomatoes (various colors, halved)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a blender combine the olive oil, wine, cumin, paprika, cilantro, lemon juice, lemon zest and garlic.
- Season the salmon fillets with ½ teaspoon sea salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- Cut four 12-by-16-inch pieces of parchment paper and fold each in half. Open the parchment paper and arrange ¼ of the lentils and of the chopped kale in the center of the top half of each parchment. Top with a salmon fillet, 10 tomato halves and ¼ of the cilantro dressing.
- Fold the bottom half of the parchment paper over the salmon and veggies. Start folding and crimping the parchment paper ends together from one end all the way around to the other end, creating a sealed envelope. Fold the end under the packet. The packet should be fully encased, with no breaks in the parchment paper for steam to escape – we need that steam as part of the cooking process! Place the packets on a pan.
- Bake the salmon packets for 25 minutes and remove from the oven. Serve the packets on plates, tearing them open just before serving. If desired, garnish with fresh cilantro, lemon zest and more cherry tomatoes. Enjoy!