Much of the time sweet potato recipes are more on the sweet side, so I thought I’d come up with one that was tangy and savory instead. This Sweet Potato Salad with Tarragon Dressing is a wonderful replacement for traditional, creamy potato salad.
This is my new favorite side to serve with roasted chicken and hot-off-the-grill steaks! It keeps well in the fridge for several days so it’s also great for your weekly packed meals. Enjoy!
- 4 sweet potatoes
- olive oil spray
- salt and pepper
- 2 pink shallots, thinly sliced into rings
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Turn the oven to 425 degrees F, no need to preheat.
- Wash and dry the sweet potatoes and prick with a fork or knife a couple of times. Lightly spray with olive oil and generously season with salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes, or until tender but not soft. Remove from oven and cool.
- While the potatoes bake, combine the shallot and vinegar in a small bowl. Soak for 5 minutes, then drain off the vinegar.
- Once the potatoes have cooled, peel, quarter and then slice into 1 inch pieces and place in a serving bowl. Mix in the shallots.
- In a small bowl whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over the potatoes and mix to combine. Chill, serve and Enjoy!