Hands down this is my FAVORITE way to prepare flank steak!!! It has the same tender, fall-off-the-bone feeling of a short rib, without the fat and extra calories of a fattier piece of meat.
Slow cooker recipes like this are almost TOO EASY folks! Seriously, throw everything together, cover, let some time pass by and then enjoy a lip-smacking dinner. It’s pretty much a no-brainer. Enjoy!
- 2 pounds flank steak
- olive oil spray
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 medium Tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 yellow onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons Garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Dried Oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- lime (for garnish)
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Lightly coat with the olive oil spray. Add the flank steak and sear on both sides, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer the steak to a plate.
- Deglaze the pan with the broth, scraping any drippings from the bottom. Set aside.
- Combine the remaining ingredients together in the slow cooker. Add the steak and pan drippings. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, until the steak is fall-apart tender.
- Remove the meat and let it rest for 5 minutes. Shred with two forks then serve with the tender veggies and a squeeze of fresh lime. Enjoy!