This is no ordinary cabbage dish.
The tender, roasted pieces of cabbage are tossed with a Thai-inspired dressing that’s tangy, sweet and just touch spicy. It’s a flavor that you’ll find yourself going back for more of.
Serve this Thai Roasted Cabbage with Spicy Lamb Larb for a phenomenally flavored, highly nutritious meal!
- 2 heads savoy cabbage, cored, halved and cut lengthwise into ½ inch ribbons
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- dash of black pepper
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 clove Garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced, plus more for garnish
- ½ teaspoon ground fresh chili paste (sambal oelek)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Position a rack in the center of the oven.
- Combine the cabbage with the coconut oil, salt and black pepper. Spread over rimmed baking sheet and roast for 12-24 minutes, mixing every 6 minutes, until golden and well done.
- In a small bowl combine the lime juice, garlic, fish sauce, sugar, cilantro, and chili paste.
- Mix 2 Tablespoons of the dressing over the roasted cabbage and season with additional dressing and salt as desired. Top with fresh cilantro. Enjoy!