It takes a lot to get my kids excited about a salad. Run of the mill salads don’t even stand a chance. Sure, you might put it on their plate, but they’re just going to push it around and then scrape it into the trash.
Until now. I couldn’t believe how they ate every bite of this Chopped Chicken Salad with Creamy Peanut Dressing from their plates…and then asked for more?!
Maybe it’s the bite-sized nature of a chopped salad. Or maybe it was the flavors of the vibrant, fresh produce. Or perhaps it was the creamy peanut dressing that covered every bite with comfort and love.
Who knows. All I can say is that I’m making this salad again. Soon!
- 2 cups roasted chicken breast, chopped
- 1 small head Green Cabbage, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 Asian Pear, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup jicama, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ tablespoon fresh scallions, chopped
- ½ cup Peanuts, roasted, salted, and chopped
- 1 teaspoon Garlic, chopped
- 3 Anaheim chili peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon fish sauce
- ¼ cup Peanut Butter
- ¼ cup water
- In a large bowl combine all of the salad ingredients.
- Place all of the dressing ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix until well combined. Serve immediately. Enjoy!