These waffles are filled with zucchini, carrot, pecans and all of the holiday spices that you love!
Feel free to make a batch of these hearty waffles ahead of time and keep in the freezer until you’re ready to serve them up to your lucky loved ones. Reheat in the toaster over and serve with a pat of coconut butter, a drizzle of syrup and a cup of piping hot coffee.
This may be the perfect seasonal breakfast!
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- ⅓ cup arrowroot starch
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon Ground Cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon allspice
- 2 large carrots, grate (1 packed cup)
- 1 medium Zucchini (1 packed cup)
- 1 cup Pecans, chopped
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¾ cup coconut palm sugar
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- ¼ cup crimson raisins, chopped
- Preheat your waffle maker and grease with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl combine the almond flour, coconut flour, arrowroot starch, baking soda, sea salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and allspice. Sift to remove all lumps.
- In a food processor with a grating attachment, shred the carrots and zucchini.
- In a dry skillet, place the pecans over medium heat. Stir often until toasted, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and, once cooled, finely chop.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs. Mix in the coconut palm sugar and coconut cream and blend until fully combined. Add the dry ingredients and mix. Add the shredded carrots, zucchini and pecans. Mix until fully incorporated. *This batter is much thicker than most waffle batter. You’ll need to press the batter evenly into the waffle maker.
- Cook in the prepared waffle maker according to the manufacturer’s directions. Serve with toasted pecans, coconut butter and a drizzle of pure maple syrup. Enjoy!