It’s quite possible to create and enjoy homemade granola that is free of grains and refined sugar. It’s also quite possible to throw some holiday flavors into the mix…Mmmm, enjoy a crunchy bowl of grain-free, spiced granola highlighted with the essence of orange and cranberry. Serve this energy packed dish with cold coconut milk and fresh blueberries, again and again.
This is a flavor variation of my classic Caveman Granola recipe that uses nuts, seeds and coconut flakes to create a satisfying, crunchy, tasty granola. I like to enjoy this homemade granola with cold coconut milk. Mmmmmm….
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ cup fruit-only orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 1 cup Pecans, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons Ground Flax Seed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- zest from 1 orange
- pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup dried cranberries (no sugar) or crimson raisins
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Lightly grease baking sheet with coconut oil.
- In a small saucepan melt the coconut oil and marmalade together over low heat. Remove from heat. Mix in the orange juice, vanilla and almond extracts.
- In a large bowl combine all of the remaining ingredients, then mix in the coconut oil mixture until evenly coated.
- Spread granola over prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes, stir, and then bake for another 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with cold coconut milk, or eat as a snack by the handful. Enjoy!