There’s nothing quite like the aroma of freshly crisped bacon to fill a home with cheer. This is how I like my home to smell when holiday guests arrive and are ushered into the kitchen to have their pick of assorted bacon-wrapped appetizers!
Since fresh pineapple is often available during the holidays, I have found that wrapping sweet chunks of the tropical fruit with half strips of hearty bacon to be quite a delightful sweet-n-salty treat to serve as a pre-holiday feast appetizer.
Feel free to assemble a few trays of these tasty morsels the day before and then pull out of the fridge and pop into the oven just minutes before the guests are set to arrive. Enjoy!
- 12 pieces of bacon, cut in half
- 24 (1 inch) cubes of fresh pineapple
- 24 toothpicks
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wrap each pineapple cube with half a strip of bacon, secure with toothpick.
- Place on a foil-lined, rimmed baking tray. Cook for 20-30 minutes, until bacon is crispy.