No holiday meal is complete without a heaping pile of tender, seasonal, herb roasted veggies! The smell of the fresh roasting herbs and squash fills the kitchen with the most cheerful holiday aroma.
I like to roast my veggies to the point where the onions begin to caramelize and the squash is golden and toasty on the outside and creamy on the inside. No matter what you serve as your main dish this Thanksgiving and Christmas, be sure to serve it with a side of these crowd-pleasing veggies. Enjoy!
- flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 1 Butternut Squash, peeled seeded and cubed
- 1 acorn squash, seeded and thinly sliced into half moons
- 2 red onions, sliced thick
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a small bowl combine the fresh herbs, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl combine the cubed butternut squash, sliced acorn squash and sliced onions. Toss with the olive oil mixture.
- Spread the veggies over a rimmed baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes, stir, and roast for another 15-20 minutes or until fork tender. Enjoy!