Risotto is most often a dish loaded with dairy, carbs and calories – but not this Holiday Cauliflower Risotto!
This creamy, satisfying risotto recipe is loaded with cheesy flavor and makes the perfect accompaniment to your holiday meal. Not only is this savory dish dairy-free, it’s also low carb and guilt-free with the main ingredient being cauliflower. With festive crimson raisins, shredded celery and green parsley flakes, this dish brings out the flavors and colors of the season.
I found that this recipe is even more flavorful the next day. This dish will be on my Thanksgiving table this year – that’s for sure! Enjoy!
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 stalks of celery
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- ¼ cup white wine
- ¼ cup crimson raisins, chopped (or cranberries)
- 1 (14oz) can coconut milk
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 Tablespoons Italian parsley, minced
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the cauliflower for 4 minutes. Drain and cool the cauliflower.
- Shred the cooled cauliflower in a food processor with the grating attachment. Set aside and wipe out the food processor. Shred the celery stalks and set aside.
- Place the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the garlic and onion, cook for 5 minutes. Add cauliflower and cook for 2 minutes. Add the wine and reduce it down for 4 minutes. Add the shredded celery and crimson raisins, and mix well.
- Add the coconut milk and cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the nutritional yeast, sea salt, black pepper and lemon zest, mix to combine, and cook another 5 minutes. Remove from heat and serve with parsley. Enjoy!