Here’s a fun make-to-eat cookie dough recipe! It’s filled with nutritious ingredients (garbanzo beans!) and is lightly sweetened with honey and stevia to keep the sugar and calories low.
If I had a dollar for every time that I’ve made cookie dough for the sole purpose of eating it raw…then I’d have many, many dollars. It got to the point where I stopped putting the egg in the cookie dough, since the chances of the dough actually making it onto a cookie pan and into a hot oven was slim to none.
And then I realized that a made-to-eat cookie dough should be created differently than a made-to-bake cookie dough. This cookie dough should be enjoyed raw with a spoon, and NOT baked in the oven. Please enjoy it as such and place any leftovers in the fridge!
- 1 (15oz) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas) drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup nut butter (peanut, almond or sunflower)
- 1 Tablespoon raw honey (or more, add to taste)
- 20 drops liquid stevia (or more, add to taste)
- 2 Tablespoons flax meal
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon coconut milk
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup stevia-sweetened chocolate chips (Lily’s brand)
- In a food processor, combine the garbanzo beans, nut butter, honey, stevia, flax, vanilla, coconut milk and sea salt. Blend until smooth and creamy. Taste for sweetness, if needed add more honey or stevia.
- With a large spoon, mix in the chocolate chips. Enjoy immediately or chill until you’re ready to serve. Enjoy!