Can you believe that after 7 years of recipe blogging I hadn’t create a single nacho recipe? That’s crazy! I even have a tortilla chip recipe in my first cookbook, The Recipe Hacker, but zero, zilch, nada nachos.
It’s kind of understandable when you consider the cheese predicament. I don’t cook with dairy and as much as I love Cashew Cheese, it can be a hassle to make and does not melt the way nacho cheese must do. So…my solution with this mind-blowing recipe for THE ULTIMATE CAULIFLOWER NACHOS was to simply skip the cheese altogether and pile all of the other nacho flavors onto a bed of Taco Roasted Cauliflower.
Too simple, you might wonder? Well, let’s let your taste buds decide.
This recipe has everything that your nacho-loving heart desires…savory ground beef, taco-roasted crunchy cauliflower “chips”, salsa, guacamole, coconut sour cream, pickled jalapenos, avocado, tomato and chives!
It tastes like a cheat meal without the guilt. You’re welcome, friend, hope you enjoy it as much as I did 🙂
- 1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon fajita seasoning
- 3 heads cauliflower
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 lbs ground beef
- ½ cup chunky salsa
- ½ cup guacamole
- 2 large avocadoes, chopped and tossed in lemon juice
- ¼ cup coconut sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons pickled jalapenos
- 2 Tablespoons chives, minced
- In a small bowl combine all of the spices. Set aside 1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon of the taco seasoning for the ground beef and the remainder for the cauliflower.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wash the cauliflower heads and remove the stem and leaves. Cut into florets and then slice the florets into thin, flat pieces.
- Place the florets in a large bowl and toss with the portioned taco seasoning, olive oil, salt and garlic. Spread over two large rimmed baking sheet and roast in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, brown the ground beef and sprinkle with the portioned taco seasoning. Once all the pink is gone remove from heat. Drain and set aside.
- Plate the nachos with a layer of roasted cauliflower, ground beef, salsa, guacamole, avocado, coconut sour cream, pickled jalapenos and minced chives. Enjoy!