Okra is one of my all-time favorite comfort foods. There’s something delicious about biting into the tender okra skin and then having the seeds pop in your mouth. This stew is incredibly simple and easy to make in the slow cooker.
- 1 lb. beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- dash of sea saltand black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup baby carrots, sliced lengthwise and crosswise
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 lb. fresh or canned okra
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- ⅛ tsp. ground allspice
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- n a skillet over medium-high heat, combine the beef, olive oil, sea salt, and pepper. Sear the meat then remove from heat.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a slow cooker. Mix well. Cover and cook on high for 6 hours. Enjoy!
Calories: 228 Fat: 7g Carbohydrates: 12g Sugar: 5g Sodium: 194mg Fiber: 5g Protein: 27g