Pesto, pesto, pesto…are you crazy for it yet?!?
Why do I love pesto so much? Because homemade, dairy free pesto is incredibly easy to throw together and it lends tremendous flavor to a multitude of dishes. And not only is it bursting with lip-smacking flavor, it’s also filled with real food nutrition and isn’t burdened with dairy, preservatives or additives like store bought pesto.
Here’s how I enjoy fresh, homemade pesto…
• Mixed in with Veggie Noodles!
• Stirred into Scrambled Eggs!
• Spread over Omelets!
• Served over Grilled Chicken, Steak or Fish!
• Whisked with olive oil and used as Salad Dressing!
• Sprinkled over Grain-Free Pizza!
• Shmeared over Meatballs!
• Tossed with Roasted Vegetables!
There really are a bazillion ways to enjoy a fresh batch of this Perfect Pesto…how do you pesto?
- In a small, dry skillet place the pine nuts over medium heat. Toast, stirring often, until golden. Remove from heat.
- In a food processor combine the pine nuts, garlic, basil leaves, lemon juice, nutritional yeast and sea salt. Pulse until combined. Drizzle in the olive oil while continuing to process the pesto until it has the consistency of paste – don’t over blend.
- Store your pesto in the fridge for up to a week and serve over your favorite egg, meat and veggie dishes. Enjoy!