There’s a little restaurant in Maui called The Gazebo, on the south side of Napili bay. It’s small and eclectic, tucked to the side of a motel’s small pool deck and nearly touching the sprawling Pacific Ocean. On our last visit we waited outside, in the rain, for over an hour to get a table.
And we didn’t even complain once, because we knew what was in store for us.
The Gazebo is known for 2 things: their phenomenal macadamia nut pancakes and their island-style fried rice. While I can justify eating a breakfast like that while on vacation, I simply had to come up with a healthy version to make at home on the regular. It turned out ahhhmazing.
- Chop the ham and sausage into small pieces. Peel and chop the pineapple. Thinly slice the green onion.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl.
- Place the meat in a skillet with olive oil. Cook until browned, stirring often. Remove the meat from the skillet.
- Pour the egg mixture into the hot skillet. Scramble the eggs and set aside.
- Add the shredded cauliflower to the hot skillet. Stir in the meat, pineapple, egg, coconut aminos, and garlic powder. Mix and cook for 10 minutes, until tender. Top with sliced green onion. Enjoy!