I grew up eating Sees Candies from the big white boxes. All those different flavors and filling were so exciting! And then there was that annoying sugar crash the ensued…
Here’s a candy recipe that you can really get excited about. Made with ground pecans, soaked dates, unsweetened cocoa powder and a touch of honey, this is one candy that’s packed with real, usable calories. Keep ‘em in the freezer and pull ‘em out when company comes over. Or just keep ‘em in the freezer and pull ‘em out whenever you want 🙂
Have fun with the topping on these tasty little truffles. How cool would it be to give these to your sweetie on Valentine’s day in a pretty little white box with a red bow? Awww how sweet!
- 2 cups pecans, toasted
- 1 cup dates, pitted and soaked in hot water for 10 minutes
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon raw honey, melted
- melted, dark chocolate
- unsweetened, shredded coconut flakes
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- minced dark chocolate
- pistachios, shelled and minced
- almonds, sliced and minced
- Place the pecans in a dry skillet over medium heat and toast, stirring often, until golden. Set aside to cool.
- Place the dates in a small bowl and cover with hot water for 10 minutes. Discard the soaking water and place the dates and cooled pecans in the food processor along with the cocoa powder, sea salt and honey. Pulse until coarse and crumbly.
- Cover a tray that fits in your freezer with parchment paper. Form the dough into 30 balls and roll in the toppings of your choice. Place the truffles on the prepared pan and freeze for 15 minutes. Enjoy!