There’s a war raging within you.
The enlightened side wants you to turn over a new leaf. To stop falling into the temptation of processed foods and sugary treats. To get up earlier. To exercise more often and with greater intensity. To crave and seek out wholesome, real foods. To fill your diet with greens, colorful fruits and veggies, lean meats and fresh nuts and seeds. To lose the weight and to feel confident and energized – once and for all. To have others notice your inspiring transformation. To be the best version of yourself.
Then there’s the dark side…
The dark side is happy with your bad habits and doesn’t see a problem with your daily indulgences. It whispers at you to reset your alarm for some extra sleep. It grants you permission to take a break from exercise. You’re so tired, it comforts, there’s always tomorrow. It tells you that wholesome foods are boring, take too much time to prepare and are much too expensive to be practical. It wants you to stay the same, to fade into the background, and to keep quiet. It’s afraid of you becoming the best version of yourself.
All day long battles between these two sides are fought, won, and lost leaving you to wonder…Who will win the war?
The answer is simple. The side that wins is the side that you feed with your thoughts and attention. It’s the side that you most identify with. It’s the side that you decide is most comfortable.
But alliances can change. The battle isn’t truly lost unless you give up. If your dark side has been on a winning streak then maybe it’s time for that to change.
Never give up on what you truly want. Strive towards it with laser-like focus. Get up and dust yourself off. Decide who you want to be and don’t stop working for it. Imagine yourself at the finish line.
You. Can. Do. It.
This is my favorite pizza! The combination of tender leeks and sweet potatoes is crazy good. It’s fun to make pizza with unusual toppings; it makes me feel fancy. Then I realize that there’s leek on my face and I stop feeling fancy.
- Preheat the oven to 425 ̊F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel the sweet potato and thinly slice into half moons. Thinly slice the leek, discarding most of the green ends. Place the sweet potato and leek slices in a medium skillet in an inch of water. Bring the water to a boil and blanch until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain the water from the skillet. Sprinkle the rosemary, pepper, and olive oil over the cooked sweet potato and leek slices. Toss to evenly coat.
- Arrange a pre-baked pizza crust on your prepared baking sheet. Spread the Dairy-Free Cheese Spread evenly over the crust. Use your fingers! Arrange the sweet potato slices over the pizza. Top with the tender leeks. Sprinkle with extra pepper and dried rosemary.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Enjoy!
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the almond flour, coconut flour, arrowroot starch and sea salt in a bowl. Mix well.
- In a small bowl combine the water, egg, olive oil and apple cider vinegar. Mix well and add to the dry ingredients. Mix and form into a dough ball.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill for 15 minutes in the fridge. Place the dough on a piece of parchment paper. Cover with another piece of parchment paper. Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough into a pizza crust shape.
- Pinch the edges of the dough to form a crust. Place the dough and parchment paper on a baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes, until golden. Load up with your favorite toppings, bake for another 5 minutes, and then enjoy!