The best shrimp dinner that I ever experienced, a loooong time ago, was a plate of angel hair noodles tossed in a creamy sauce and dotted with butter-soaked shrimp. It was so enjoyable that I still think about it, occasionally, over a decade later!
Since cutting out grains and dairy, I needed to come up with a recipe that incorporated plump shrimp+creamy sauce+noodles. This recipe does the trick, with macnut pesto contributing a butter, creaminess over succulent zucchini noodles. Enjoy!
- Run a vegetable peeler along each zucchini until you reach the seeds, to create long, flat noodles. Place your zucchini noodles in a bowl.
- Place the macadamia nuts, basil leaves, garlic, nutritional yeast, salt and lemon juice in a food processor. Pulse until well combined while drizzling in the olive oil.
- Peel and devein the shrimp, pulling off the tail and then the rest of the shell.
- Heat a pot of water under a steamer basket. Steam your noodles for about 5 minutes, until tender. Remove to a medium bowl.
- Steam the shrimp for 3 minutes, until fully pink.
- Combine the noodles with the pesto and top with warm shrimp. Serve and enjoy!