I walked into Sprouts earlier this week and nearly ran smack into a big display of pumpkin flavored novelties. There were boxes of pumpkin spice cake mix, pumpkin flavored marshmallows, pumpkin cookies and – you guessed it – bags of Pumpkin Pancake Mix. It all looked so festive and fun!
Too bad all of the items were made with refined sugars and grains 🙁
So I went home and a mixed up my own recipe for Grain-Free Pumpkin Pancakes — and all was good with the world 🙂
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup coconut sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- coconut oil
- Combine the pumpkin puree, eggs, coconut sugar, allspice, cinnamon and ginger in a food processor. Add the flour, soda and salt. Mix well. Let the batter sit for 15 minutes.
- Preheat coconut oil on your griddle over medium heat. Ladle pancake batter by 1⁄4 cup onto griddle. When bubbles form, flip the pancakes to cook other side.
- Serve with pure maple syrup. Enjoy!