It’s Taco Tuesday! So let’s enjoy the satisfying flavors of a ground beef taco with all the fixings for breakfast…why not, eh? The great thing about these Taco Egg Muffins is that all the pesky carbs have been left out – you know the carbs that come along with a taco shell, or a side of tortilla chips. We get to enjoy the savory flavors encased in high protein egg muffins – no guilt, just delicious, wholesome fuel!
These Taco Egg Muffins are equally as delicious eaten as a mid-morning or afternoon snack to keep your metabolism running on high! Make a bunch and keep them in the fridge for a few days of healthy mini-meals. Enjoy 🙂
- 1⁄2 pound ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Dash of sea salt
- 6 organic, free-range eggs
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- Handful of sliced olives
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 avocado, pitted and chopped
- *Optional: salsa
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line 6 muffin tins with paper liners or grease with coconut oil.
- In a skillet, brown the beef over medium heat. Add in the chili powder, paprika, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder and sea salt. Remove from heat and drain.
- In a bowl, mix up the eggs and add the browned seasoned beef, chopped green onions, sliced olives and chopped tomato. Fill 6 muffin tins.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until the egg is fully set. Sprinkle with chopped avocado and serve with salsa. Enjoy!