I’ve been craving fresh kale lately and thought it would be tasty to work it in with cauliflower rice. As for the tomatoes, my mother-in-law, Suzy, has been supplying me with vine-ripened, backyard tomatoes, so adding a few was a no-brainer!
Cauliflower rice is a low calorie, high fiber side dish that goes well with many, many main dishes. I served this one up with Creamy Tarragon Chicken and Green Beans – yum!
Want more Cauliflower Rice recipes? I got you covered…
- Classic Cauliflower Rice
- Mexican Cauliflower Rice
- Shiitake Stir Fried Cauliflower Rice
- Orange Spiced Cauliflower Rice
- Pomegranate Cauliflower Rice
- Wild Cauliflower Rice
- Sweet & Sour Cauliflower Rice
- Classic Stir Fried Cauliflower Rice
- Squash & Kale Cauliflower Rice
- 1 head cauliflower, shredded
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 4 cups fresh kale, finely chopped
- 4 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons broth (chicken or vegetable)
- Wash the cauliflower, and cut into pieces small enough to fit through your food processor. Fit your food processor with a grating blade and run all of the cauliflower through it, to create small, rice-sized pieces. Set aside.
- In a large skillet place the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add the kale and cook for 2 minutes, stirring often. Add the tomatoes and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the shredded cauliflower, season with the salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Drizzle the broth over the rice mixture and cover. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, add more salt and pepper as needed, and serve. Enjoy!