I flavored this salad with a simple, homemade Sun Dried Tomato Dressing <== Find the recipe here.
Summer Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup rainbow quinoa
- 2 cups broth (chicken or veggie)
- ½ cup sun dried tomato halves (not in oil)
- 1 cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup red onion, minced
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 1 batch Sun Dried Tomato Dressing
- Rinse the quinoa and combine with the broth in a small pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place the sun dried tomato halves in a cup of boiling water. Soak for 5 minutes, then drain and chop.
- In a large bowl combine the cooked quinoa, chopped sun dried tomatoes, diced cucumber, diced bell peppers, minced onion and chopped parsley. Mix until well combined.
- Mix in a batch of Sun Dried Tomato Dressing (Link above). Chill and serve. Enjoy!
Calories: 140 Fat: 4 g Carbohydrates: 22 g Sugar: 4 g Sodium: 747 mg Fiber: 3 g Protein: 5 g