I love recipes like this, with only a handful of wholesome, quality ingredients. It reminds us of how we were designed to eat meals made with real ingredients rather than packaged and processed pseudo-food.
Don’t let the simplicity of these ingredients fool you — this Spanish Chicken Casserole is wonderfully flavorful. Enjoy!
- 1 fennel bulb plus 1 Tablespoon fronds
- 5 yellow zucchini,
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped and divided
- 2 lemons (1 juiced, 1 sliced)
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F. Lightly grease a casserole pan with olive oil.
- Cut the fennel bulb in half, and thinly slice into half moons. Place in the casserole pan and mix with the fronds. Cut the zucchinis in half and slice into half moons. Add to the casserole pan and mix in the garlic, olive oil, sea salt, ¼ cup chopped parsley and drizzle with the lemon juice.
- Rub the chicken thighs with the paprika, salt and pepper. Place the chicken over the veggies in the casserole pan. Bake for 20-30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle with the remaining ¼ cup parsley and serve with the sliced lemon. Enjoy!