3 Ingredient Pancakes

grain free paleo pancakes

These amazing pancakes only have 3 ingredients!

I love simplifying.

Going through my clothes and giving away everything I no longer wear, so that my closet only holds things I really like. Organizing the pantry and throwing out anything expired, so that the kitchen only holds usable ingredients. Filtering my inbox, so that when I log in I only see relevant emails.

And the simplification doesn’t stop there. Lately I’ve been making recipes that are simpler and contain fewer ingredients.

It doesn’t get any more simple that these 3 Ingredient Pancakes. So many pancake recipes out there contain loads of ingredients (I’ve been guilty of this!) and while it probably tastes fantastic, there is an elegance to making something as simply as possible. The 3 ingredients used here are Banana + Egg + Almond Butter (and you can add some vanilla extract or cinnamon for enhanced flavor).

It sounds crazy that these 3 ingredients can come together to form delicious, wholesome pancakes but, trust me on this one, it works! I’ll show you how to quickly throw these pancakes together in the video below…

Here’s the printable recipe…

3 Ingredient Pancakes

1. Mash the bananas in a bowl (or blend in a food processor). Add the eggs, almond butter and flavor additions. Mix until smooth.
  2. Preheat a griddle or skillet. Lightly grease with coconut oil. Pour the batter in ¼ cup scoops.
  3. Once you see bubbles form, flip and cook the other side until golden. Serve with fresh fruit. Enjoy!

Calories: 131     Fat: 6     Carbohydrates: 16     Sodium: 28     Fiber: 3     Protein: 5
grain free paleo pancakes

Yep, only 3 ingredients!

Comments

• Jen April 7, 2015 at 5:12 pm

Can u please tell me how many pancakes per serving pls. I know it states 6 servings so that means only ONE Pancakes is that many calories ? Or as shown 3 pancakes in the plate is that triple serving? Confusing. .. thanks really want to make theses asap. Thanks so much Diana i LOVE YOUR RECIPES
    ALL MY THANKS JEN

• Diana April 8, 2015 at 2:38 pm

Hi Jen,

It depends upon how many pancakes you make. If you make six pancakes with the mix it would be one pancake per serving. If you would like to make them smaller then you would be able to add more than one pancake per serving. I hope that this helps. Happy Cooking.

• James April 8, 2015 at 3:49 am

This looks super simple and being a pancake fan am sure gonna try it. Keep these recipes coming. I pass some of them on to my clients when they are entertaining and looking for something healthy, simple and tasty.

• Cbrandt April 12, 2015 at 9:33 pm

I tried the pancakes but they didn’t turn out, very difficult tp flip. Could it be that my bananas were overly ripe?

• Diana April 13, 2015 at 10:51 pm

Hi there are a couple of things that you can try: 1) make sure the batter is really blended well and 2) make sure that you have sufficiently cooked the first side before attempting to flip the pancake. Hope that helps – enjoy! Happy Cooking!

• Pam April 20, 2015 at 3:45 pm

Is there a substitute for the bananas? I can’t eat them. I’ve tried and they make me gag. I’ve tried recipes with them in it and still can taste and smell them. It doesn’t cover them up. I guess I am super sensitive to them 🙂 A friend suggested I could possibly be allergic to them since I seem to react to them so strongly.
    Thanks! Otherwise, they look yummy!

• Stephanie April 20, 2015 at 3:55 pm

I had a very difficult time flipping these as well, it was a mess. They were very tasty though.

• youngbaker2002 April 23, 2015 at 10:50 pm

Hi Diana! We just got your cookbook a couple weeks ago and found your blog, and we love both! We’re going to try these pancakes as soon as we can. i just wanted to tell you how much we enjoy your recipes. 🙂 Thank you! Ps. Could you tell me were you get your arrowroot powder?

• Diana April 24, 2015 at 5:04 am

Thanks and I’m so glad you’re enjoying my recipes! Thanks for sharing 🙂 I normally purchase arrowroot starch from my local Sprouts market. Most health food markets carry it in the baking section, and I have even seen Albertsons carry it recently. Also you could purchase from Amazon: http://astore.amazon.com/realheacom-20/detail/B00FTCE63G

• youngbaker2002 May 9, 2015 at 6:50 pm

Hi Diana, i just waned to tell you that we made these the other day and loved them. the only problem was that i had a problem with them often falling apart when i went to flip them, but they still tasted great. 🙂
    Ps. in the instructions you don’t say what temp to preheat the griddle to. does it matter?

• Diana May 11, 2015 at 5:26 pm

Glad to hear you enjoyed this recipe 🙂 Preheat the griddle on med-high, then reduce to medium when you start cooking. Enjoy!

• Yoli May 15, 2015 at 4:49 pm

Aren’t these really banana pancakes? What about the fructose in these, seems like a lot. Would love to try it but worried about coming out of ketosis.

• Diana May 18, 2015 at 11:19 pm

Hi Yoli, these are a wholesome alternative to traditional pancakes, however it sounds like you are looking for something without any natural sugar so it might not be a good recipe for you. Happy Cooking!

• Hen June 21, 2015 at 6:59 pm

I wanted to like these but it was really difficult to flip (maybe my bananas were too ripe?). I either ended up with tiny burnt pancakes (even on low heat it wouldn’t solidify enough to flip) or scrambled banana flavored eggs. I was tempted to add flour just so that it’d hold up better. I think the water content is too high for this to work well. I tried making them as really thin crepe like pancakes so I could fold them tamago style but even then they fell apart. Oh well.

• Wanda Ball June 30, 2015 at 1:37 am

Love that I found your recipes. I’m trying to eat healthier so these alternatives are great.

• Melanie Palmer July 8, 2015 at 1:24 am

Oooooom these were yummy! I loved them 🙂

• Heide M. February 5, 2017 at 1:16 pm

Love this idea, so clever.

What can you substitute if you can’t have eggs?