Chocolate Pecan Butter

Best recipe for chocolate pecan butterRecently I’ve gotten into blending my own nut butters — it’s so easy and tastes miles better than what you find at the store!

The whole process takes only about 12 minutes, start to finish, and it’s fun to use a variety of different nuts, seeds and flavor additions. Last night I made 5 different kinds and had B and the kids taste-test each one and rank in their favorite order.

This Chocolate Pecan Butter was my #1 (big surprise, chocolate…) while Cinnamon Raisin Cashew Butter ranked highest with the kids. B favored the classic Almond Butter over the butters with fancy flavors. To each his own!

Chocolate Pecan Butter

1. In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and coconut together, mixing until fully melted and smooth.
  2. In a food processor combine the pecans, salt and chocolate mixture. Blend for about 10 minutes, until dreamily creamy. Have patience as the nuts go through different crumbly and balled-up stages as it blends. Stop and scrape the sides down as needed and keep on blending until it’s really, really creamy. Enjoy!

Calories: 95     Fat: 9 g     Carbohydrates: 4 g     Sugar: 2 g     Sodium: 18 mg     Fiber: 1 g     Protein: 1 g

Comments

• Shell January 22, 2015 at 12:53 am

Delicious !!

Have you posted the cinnamon, raisin, cashew one yet. Love to try that also

• Diana January 26, 2015 at 9:19 pm

Hi Shell, keep an eye out, those are coming up soon 🙂

• Stanley Stobierski January 22, 2015 at 8:33 pm

The Chocolate Pecan Butter must be tasty. But we have a problem as neither my wife and I cannot consume coconut oil. What can be substituted?

• Diana January 22, 2015 at 11:21 pm

Hi Stanley,

A good substitute for Coconut Oil can be a healthy plant fat (olive oil, avocado oil, macadamia nut oil, or red palm oil). Avocado oil is especially good if you want something without a strong taste of its own. I hope you have a great day and Happy Cooking!

• Isabella March 3, 2015 at 9:39 pm

Move over Nutella! There is a new spread in town. My family and I love to have all things sweet…this is an amazing treat my kids and I thank you!

• Juiana Zakarova March 25, 2015 at 11:02 pm

I just finished making Chocolate Pecan Butter and i am loving it. Thank you for sharing your healthy recipes with us.

• Angela June 18, 2015 at 4:23 am

Has anyone tried making this (or other butters) with RAW nuts? That’s how I prefer my nuts and butters.
    Thank you.

• Diana June 19, 2015 at 8:32 pm

Hi Angela raw nuts works just fine with these recipes. Happy Cooking!