While this recipe is written as chicken soup, you could easily use leftover turkey as the protein, you know since it’s the day after Thanksgiving and all 🙂
Chicken Curry Soup
- 5 zucchini
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon red curry paste
- 1½ teaspoons curry powder
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- Pinch of white pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, crushed
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (13.66oz) can coconut milk, full fat
- 2½ cups shredded, cooked chicken breast
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 limes, sliced into wedges
- Wash and peel the green skin from zucchini. Run through a spiral slicer to create long, thin noodles. Set aside.
- In a soup pan, heat the coconut oil over medium-high. Add the shallots, bell pepper, curry paste, curry powder, turmeric, coriander, white pepper, garlic and ginger. Saute for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the broth to the pan, and mix well. Add the coconut milk; reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the chicken breast, onions, spinach and cilantro. Cook for another 4 minutes.
- Divide the zucchini noodles into 7 bowls. Pour the chicken soup mixture over the noodles and serve with lime wedges. Enjoy!
Calories: 254 Fat: 12 Carbohydrates: 31 Sodium: 413 Fiber: 5 Protein: 11