Grain-Free Flat Bread

Flat Bread gluten free recipe

This is my go-to recipe when I really want a slice of bread with dinner. It’s super quick to make and the whole family loves it!

Grain-Free Flat Bread

1. Combine the almond flour, arrowroot starch and sea salt. Add the egg and coconut oil and mix well. Add the warm water and mix to form a sticky batter.
  2. Heat a Tablespoon of coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pour the batter by ¼ cup scoops onto the prepared skillet. Cook until golden, flip and cook the other side to golden. Serve immediately. Enjoy!

Calories: 193     Fat: 13     Carbohydrates: 17     Sugar: 0     Sodium: 361     Fiber: 2     Protein: 4

Flat Bread gluten free recipe

Comments

• Laura July 6, 2015 at 11:52 am

How did you get your bread to be rounded – or any shape for that matter? When I tried to form mine into any shape, the batter just stuck to the spatula/spoon and it was a nightmare. All I ended up with was chopped up bread….can you give me any advice?

• Diana July 8, 2015 at 8:28 pm

Hi Laura- If the dough is too sticky to handle then add more almond flour and arrowroot starch. It should be easy to roll it into little balls of dough and then flatten to create a nice rounded shape. Happy Cooking!

• Tania W August 6, 2015 at 12:40 am

This is the second time I tried one of your recipes and I will say that it was a delicious disaster. I forgot to blend the dry ingredients first and then add the wet ingredients. It is a little doughy, but good. Kinda small, though. Are they supposed to be that way? They came out about the size of of my hand.

• Diana August 10, 2015 at 10:48 pm

I’m glad it tasted good! With this recipe, if it’s too doughy to shape, then dust some arrowroot starch on your hands and on the dough before shaping. The size of your hand is the correct size for this bread. You could always double the recipe and make larger ones if you’d like. Enjoy!

• Janet John August 13, 2015 at 3:44 pm

I haven’t made this yet. Does the flat bread keep well in the fridge for use during the week?

• Diana August 15, 2015 at 3:49 pm

Hi Janet-
      Yes the flat bread does keep well in the fridge for about 5 days. Happy Cooking!

• Vanessa August 27, 2015 at 3:37 pm

LOVE this recipe!! I have been making these every morning to go with my salad at lunch. I used my mini egg pan at first to make the perfect shape, but then found after I refrigerated the dough it was much easier to shape. I love to add flavorings too; like garlic and rosemary! YUM!

• jean September 16, 2015 at 12:54 am

Was going to make this recipe for tomorrow, but I don’t have have Arrowroot starch. Can I substitute with something else? If so, what ratio? or do I need to purchase it? Thanks so much!!

• Diana September 17, 2015 at 6:52 pm

Hi Jean – there is no good substitute for arrowroot starch. I am sorry this is probably not the answer you were looking for. But when you are able to get the arrowroot starch you will enjoy this recipe. Happy Cooking!

• Eden October 27, 2015 at 6:45 pm

Mmmmmmm! This is absolutely delicious! My whole family loves it!! I highly recommend it to everyone:)

• Consuela May 11, 2016 at 11:39 pm

How about tapioca flour as a substitute for arrowroot?

• Diana May 17, 2016 at 4:05 pm

That sub should work fine.

• Sarah May 14, 2016 at 4:32 pm

Is there a substitute for the almond flour as I’m allergic to almonds but would love to make a simple bread like this? Would coconut or tigernut or rice flour work?