I’m excited to share this fancy new cake recipe with you…let’s face it chocolate+cake=awesome.
Most Flourless Chocolate Cake recipes out there use butter and refined white sugar, so I’ve cleaned it up with coconut oil and raw honey. Of course (disclaimer time) we all know that this cake is an indulgence, big time. It’s got lots of (tasty) calories and lots of (dreamy) chocolate.
K, we all on the same page? This cake = sinful real food eating.
Of course there are plenty of occasions that call for indulgences, especially with the holidays quickly approaching, so that’s when this recipe will come in handy. I simply love decorating fancy desserts with fresh pomegranate seeds. The color and little burst of flavor really makes your dessert shine. Enjoy!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper and spray with coconut oil. If you don’t have a springform pan then cut long strips of parchment to line the sides of the pan. Spray it all with coconut oil.
- In a double boiler, melt down 10 oz of the chocolate. Add 1 cup of coconut oil and ½ cup raw honey. Stir until melted and smooth. Remove from eat and cool.
- Add the cocoa powder to the chocolate mixture. Stir until smooth. Add in the eggs. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, until just firm in the center. Cool for 10 minutes then invert on a cake plate.
- In a double boiler, melt down the remaining 5oz of chocolate. Add the 3 Tablespoons of coconut oil and 1 Tablespoon of honey. Mix until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in the coconut milk and vanilla extract.
- Spread the chocolate glaze over the cake and garnish with pomegranate seeds. Chill for 60 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!