Tortilla wrapped around scrambled eggs and meat, dipped in ketchup or taco sauce. Oh. Yeah.
Doesn’t have to be for breakfast, could even be after midnight. When the breakfast burrito monster wakes up all bets are off!
So what does one do when grain-filled tortillas, cheese and white potatoes are off the menu? This recipe is my rendition of a breakfast burrito using wholesome, grain and dairy free ingredients.
We will start with a coconut flour tortilla, fire in some shredded sweet potato, add chopped nitrate-free sausage (or bacon!) and finish it off with fluffy, scrambled eggs. Wrap it up and dip it in some wholesome ketchup. Yummmmmmmm
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Wash the sweet potatoes, pat dry, poke a few times with a fork and brush with half of the coconut oil Place directly on the oven rack and bake for 30 minutes until semi-tender yet still pretty firm. Remove from oven and cool.
- Once the potatoes have cooled, peel and use a grater to shred into small hash brown sized pieces. Place the remaining Tablespoon of coconut oil in a skillet and heat over medium high heat. Add the shredded sweet potato and cook until crispy.
- Place the chicken sausage in a medium skillet in an inch of water. Cover with a lid and turn the heat to medium high for 5-10 minutes, until the water evaporates and the sausage are plump and cooked through. Cool and chop.
- Scramble the eggs with a dash of salt and pepper.
- Assemble your breakfast burrito by lining the Coconut Flour Tortillas with chopped sausage, sweet potato hash and scrambled eggs. Roll up and enjoy!