Chicken lettuce wraps are one of my all-time favorite appetizers, and for good reason. It’s packed with flavor, texture and excitement, without the use of grains or other typical carb-filled appetizer ingredients like potatoes.
This recipe is incredibly quick and easy to make. Chop your chicken down very very small, or use ground chicken. This will get the most flavor per bite.
While this is served as a an appetizer at restaurants, it serves as a full meal at home. Hmmm, just another reason why eating at home is healthier and makes us leaner than eating out at restaurants…
Give these chicken lettuce wraps a try and let me know how you like them. Enjoy!
- 4 chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 cups white mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup pine nuts
- 1 Tablespoon ginger root, minced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- ¼ cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 head butter lettuce or iceberg lettuce
- Place a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the sesame oil and the chopped chicken. Cook until the pink is gone, then drain the skillet.
- Add the chopped mushrooms, garlic, pine nuts, ginger, green onions, salt and pepper. Sauté for 8 minutes.
- Combine the coconut aminos, coconut palm sugar and vinegar in a small bowl. Pour the sauce over the chicken mixture in the skillet. Mix well and continue to cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Serve with large lettuce leaves. Enjoy!