And what better a combination than Dark Chocolate + Almond Butter + Candied Bacon? It’s pretty much as close to heaven as you’re gonna get on this planet.
The Fluffy Almond Butter Frosting is good enough to simply eat with a spoon, and the Candy Bacon Sprinkles is, well, candy.
Yum, yum, yum! Roll up those sleeves, fellow bakers, and get baking, frosting and sprinkling 🙂
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a mini muffin pan with coconut oil.
- In a double boiler, gently melt the chocolate, coconut oil and raw honey. Remove from heat, allow to cool, add the eggs, vanilla and almond extracts.
- In a medium bowl combine the almond flour and salt. Add the wet ingredients and mix well. Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- Fill the mini muffin tins nearly to the top. Bake for 15-25 minutes until golden and set.
- In a double boiler, melt all of the ingredients together. Mix often until smooth. Remove from heat and place in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Beat the frosting with an electric mixer. Place back in the freezer for 5 minutes, then beat again. Continue this process until the frosting thickens and becomes creamy. Enjoy!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Place the bacon in a single layer in the pan.
- In a small bowl combine the maple syrup and mustard. Mix well. Brush the maple mixture over the bacon.
- Bake in the preheat oven for 20 minutes, or until crispy. Drain off the bacon grease. Once the bacon has cooled, chop into small pieces. Sprinkle over your frosted cupcakes and enjoy!