For many, the switch away from eating grains clears up their dysfunctional relationship with food. No longer are they eating for emotional reasons, but simply to fuel their body.
And while that’s all fine and dandy, there will come the day when you crave some bread. And this moment could change everything.
Do you throw caution to the wind and have a big grain-filled binge? Or do you seek out delicious grain free bread recipes, like this one for cheesy bread bites, and enjoy something that’s going to keep you on track?
The choice is yours.
It helps that these cheesy bread bites taste amazing, and you don’t feel like you’re missing anything. Try them dipped in stoneground mustard, and sprinkle them liberally coarse sea salt. Enjoy!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the water, coconut oil, vinegar and 1 egg. Mix well.
- In another bowl combine the sea salt, arrowroot starch, nutritional yeast, baking soda, baking powder, coconut flour and blanched almond flour.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and mix until fully combined. Shape the dough into 6-8 snakes, then use a knife to cut the snakes into 1 inch pieces. Shape the little pieces to smooth out the sides and place on the prepared baking sheet. Whip the remaining egg in a small bowl with a fork. Brush over the tops of the dough pieces, then sprinkle with the coarse salt.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then turn on the high broil for another 2 minutes or so. Watch the bread bites carefully when under the high broil and remove from heat immediately when the tops become toasty. Serve with stone ground mustard for dipping. Enjoy!