It’s that time of year again…the garden is overflowing with zucchini, cherry tomatoes, sweet peppers and basil! Quite possibly the tastiest time of year 🙂
This pasta recipe is my take on Summer Garden Pasta, using zucchini noodles rather than traditional noodles. It’s amazing how delicious noodles made from zucchini taste, and how fantastically wholesome and guilt-free they are.
If you don’t have a garden, no worries. Take a visit to your local farmer’s market and you’ll find all of these fresh ingredients, in season and brimming with flavor.
Let’s get started making this fresh, tasty dish…Step One: Wash 10 sweet peppers and place on a grill pan.
Step Two: Char until the skins are black and blistery.
Step Three: Peel, seed and chop the peppers.
Step Four: Gather and wash a cup of fresh, cherry tomatoes.
Step Five: Halve the tomatoes.
Step Six: Gather and wash 8 zucchini. Use a veggie peeler to remove the green skins. Halve and run through a spiral slicer to create long, thin noodles.
Step Seven: Place the noodles in a large serving bowl.
Step Eight: Gather and wash a handful of fresh basil.
Step Nine: Thinly slice the basil into thin ribbons.
Step Ten: Gather 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar and 1 teaspoon raw honey.
Step Eleven: Gather 1 teaspoon freeze dried garlic, 2 teaspoons minced dried onions, 1 teaspoons dried oregano, 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, 1/4 teaspoon dried basil, 1 teaspoon dried parsley, 1/4 teaspoon sea salt.
Step Twelve: Combine the oil, vinegar, honey and spices in a small bowl.
Step Thirteen: Gather 3 Tablespoons blanched almond flour, 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt and 1 teaspoon coconut oil.
Step Fourteen: Combine the blanched almond flour, garlic salt and coconut oil in a small skillet. Place over low heat for 5-10 minutes, until lightly golden.
Step Fifteen: Add the sweet peppers, halved tomatoes, chopped basil and dressing to the bowl of noodles. Toss. Serve with a sprinkle of the garlic topping. Enjoy!
- 10 small sweet peppers
- 8 zucchini
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- Handful of basil leaves
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon raw honey, melted
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freeze dried garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced, dried onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Crack of black pepper
- Wash the peppers and grill until charred. Peel, seed and chop. Wash and halve the tomatoes. Chop the basil leaves.
- Peel the zucchini. Use a spiral slicer to create long, thin strands.
- Gather the dressing ingredients. Mix together and toss with the noodles. Add the rest of the vegetables to the bowl.
- Combine the sprinkle topping ingredients in a skillet. Place over low heat for 5-10 minutes, stirring constantly. Once lightly browned, remove from heat. Sprinkle over the top of your pasta, as you would Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!