Here’s the awesome new cake recipe that I made for my birthday yesterday!
(If you haven’t checked it out yet, my 50% Off Birthday sale runs out Friday at midnight!)
Most birthday cakes are filled with white flour, white sugar, butter and corn syrup. And many gluten free birthday cake recipes contain nuts.
This perfected, basic vanilla cake recipe and frosting is 100% grain-free and nut free, and is truly a delicious alternative to traditional cake. And the frosting pattern is really pretty and not to hard at all to do. Just takes a dose of patience to make and smear all of the frosting dots 🙂
I hope that you and your loved ones enjoy this celebratory cake and frosting recipe as much as mine did. Enjoy!
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup coconut oil
- ¾ cup raw honey
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla
- ¼ cup fruit-only strawberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 8 inch round cake pans and cut out 2 circles of parchment paper to cover the bottoms of the pans.
- Combine the dry cake ingredients in a medium bowl. Pulse the eggs, oil, honey and vanilla in a food processor. Add the dry ingredients and pulse until fully combined. Divide the batter between the two prepared pans and bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Combine the frosting ingredients in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Place one of the cake circles on your cake plate. Spread the strawberry jam over the top. Top with the remaining cake circle.
- Cover the entire cake with a very thin layer of frosting. Place the remaining frosting in a piping bag with a Wilton #12 tip.
- Apply a row of large frosting dots to the side of the cake. Take a butter knife or Popsicle stick and carefully press into the middle of each dot and smear to the side. Apply another row of dots in the middle of the smeared frosting and continue smearing and dotting until the entire cake is frosted.
- Keep the frosted cake in the fridge. This will keep the frosting firm and secure.