Some days call for a hearty, filling dinner, and this recipe for Slow Cooker Beef Short Ribs fits that bill perfectly.
It’s a fantastic recipe to throw into the slow cooker when you have a busy day ahead of you, with little dinner prep time. I always like to serve savory, braised meat with a simple dark green salad, it seems to be the perfect combination for a satisfying dinner.
While this dinner is very hearty and filling, it’s also quite healthy and lean. Notice that there’s nothing starchy served with it. If you’d like, serve the ribs on a bed of cauliflower rice. This eliminates the need for anything carb-filled, while still giving you everything you’d want in a hearty meal.
You’ll love how you feel after eating this meal — satisfied without any bloating or food hangover like traditional hearty meals (like meals packed with carbs). Enjoy!
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 lbs boneless beef short ribs
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 small, yellow onions, chopped
- 2 cups organic beef broth
- ¾ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup palm coconut sugar
- 2 Tablespoons chili sauce
- ¼ cup organic, cane sugar-free ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- In a large ziplock bag combine the coconut flour, salt and pepper. Rinse the ribs and pat dry. Place the ribs in the bag, close it and shake until fully coated.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the coconut oil. Add the ribs, brown each side. Place the ribs in the slow cooker.
- In the same skillet, add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Pour over the ribs in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 9 hours or on high for 6 hours.