A big shout-out to all the fitness professionals who joined us for Fitness Business Summit 14, this past weekend in Costa Mesa, CA! Thank you all for coming and for making this our biggest (over 500 attendees!) and best event ever.
Also thank you to those of you who came up and introduced yourselves to me — that was awesome. I was asked to pose for pictures, autograph cookbooks and even shoot a short video…you guys really made me feel loved! I hope you know how much B and I appreciate you.
In other exciting news, the Real Healthy Recipes Blog is in the midst of getting a make-over! My ultra-talented little brother, Pete, has been redesigning the blog with a sleeker, more modern layout that I really think you are going to like. We will be saying goodbye to the green and blue color scheme…
This recipe for Creamy Dairy-Free Cauliflower Gratin is really a treat. It’s sinfully rich, while leaving out the dairy as well as the bread crumbs and gluten that most traditional gratin recipes call for. While this dish contains healthy ingredients, I still consider it a ‘cheat’ dish since it’s all so rich.
Don’t even think about making this without the bacon! It literally makes this dish. Also the coconut crystals/palm sugar adds a sweet touch that really brings up the yumminess factor of the dish. My kids could not get enough of it.
So when you want complete comfort in a side dish, make this recipe and enjoy!
- 3 Tablespoons bacon grease or coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 (13.66oz) can unsweetened coconut milk, full fat
- 1 head organic cauliflower, cut into small florets
- sea salt and fresh pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large saucepan melt the bacon grease (or coconut oil) over medium heat. Add the coconut flour, whisking constantly for 1 minute. Whisk in the coconut milk.
- Add the cauliflower florets, season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, and reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook until cauliflower softens, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine the topping ingredients. Sprinkle evenly over the gratin. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 20 minutes, until the topping is golden brown. Serve hot. Enjoy!