Oh the never-ending quest to find new, delicious ways to prepare chicken and veggies…
Lately my kids have been hooked on this recipe for Crispy Orange Chicken. Now don’t get me wrong, that’s a great recipe that really tastes like Chinese take-out, minus the yucky ingredients. But I can’t eat the same thing more than once per week, or even more than two weeks in a row…
So, to keep my chicken-eating children happy, I came up with this recipe for Apricot Glazed Chicken with Roasted Broccoli & Quinoa. It’s sweet like orange chicken, so they’re happy. And it something completely new, so I’m happy 🙂 Enjoy!
- In a medium skillet combine the apricot preserves, coconut aminos, vinegar, ginger, garlic and sweet paprika. Place over low heat and mix often for 4 minutes. Rinse the chicken tenders and place in a baking sheet. Pour the apricot mixture over the chicken, and place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Turn on the High broil. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Place a wire rack in the center of the sheet and arrange the marinated chicken in a single layer. Place in the oven on the top rack. After 5 minutes, use tongs to flip the chicken. Return to the oven for another 5 minutes. Allow the chicken to blacken slightly.
- Serve the warm chicken with a heaping scoop of the roasted broccoli quinoa. Enjoy!
- 1 cup, rinsed, uncooked quinoa (I used rainbow quinoa)
- 2 cups organic chicken broth
- 1 bunch organic broccoli
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt and black pepper
- 9 dried apricots, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combine the quinoa and the chicken broth in a small pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
- Chop the broccoli into small florets. Toss with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Mix in the apricots and pecans. Spread over a rimmed baking sheet. Roast for 15-20 minutes. In a large bowl combine the quinoa and the roasted broccoli mixture.
- In a small bowl combine the dressing ingredients. Add to the quinoa mixture. Fluff and serve. Enjoy!