Like this recipe for Shiitake Stir Fried Cauliflower Rice. I saw a stunning photo of a fried rice recipe using these veggies that made my mouth water.
Then I remembered how heavy and bloated that I feel after eating traditional fried rice. Sure, it tastes really good, but the overload of grain wouldn’t be worth the dip in energy and subsequent weight gain.
Rather than eat a plate of steamed veggies, when I’m craving fried rice, I came up with this recipe that has the look, feel and flavor of traditional stir fried rice.
Try it for yourself!
Your taste buds won’t believe that you’re simply eating vegetables and egg. Enjoy!
- 2 heads organic cauliflower
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 organic eggs, beaten
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 10 oz shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, caps thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 6 oz snow peas, stems and strings removed, sliced diagonally
- 3 Tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Wash and roughly chop the cauliflower. Run through a food processor with the grating attachment, until finely shredded. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium. Add the beaten eggs, swirl to coat the bottom of the pan. Don’t stir, cook for 2 minutes until set. Transfer to a cutting board and slice lengthwise into thirds and crosswise into thin strips.
- Add the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil to the skillet. Cook the onion until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the carrots and bell pepper and cook until lightly browned, about 6 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, snow peas and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Stir in the shredded cauliflower, coconut aminos and apple cider vinegar. Toss to coat and cook over medium for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and fold in the sliced egg. Enjoy!