Ahhh the wonders of zucchini noodles! If you haven’t yet invested in a spiral slicer, I highly recommend it. This simple plastic tool instantly turns raw zucchini into fun noodle strands. There are so many ways to use low-carb, high-fiber zucchini noodles in exciting and tasty dinner recipes.
The idea behind this recipe was to create the taste and feel of cold pasta salad, without actually using any pasta. There are roasted asparagus, sun dried tomatoes, and a tangy, homemade dressing that makes this cold pasta salad really tasty.
I like to serve this salad along side a nice side of tender protein. It’s the perfect combination for a lean, delicious dinner. Enjoy!
- 1 bunch, organic asparagus
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- dash of sea salt and pepper
- 5 organic zucchini
- 2 Tablespoons sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Trim the ends off the asparagus, and chop into ½ inch pieces. Place in a medium bowl and combine with the olive oil and a dash of salt and pepper. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Trim the ends from the zucchini and use a veggie peeler to remove the green skin. Cut the zucchini in half, width-wise, then run through a spiral slicer to create long, angel hair noodles. Place the noodles in a large bowl. Add the sun dried tomatoes and roasted asparagus.
- In a small bowl combine all of the dressing ingredients. Pour the dressing over the noodle salad and mix well to combined. Enjoy!