My kids have so much fun with these grain-free Monster Face Muffins. It tastes like a traditional cornbread muffin with the salty olives giving a delicious sweet and salty effect.
My son loves the olive part so much that he eats his with a bowl of olives – popping an olive in with each bite 🙂
It’s perfectly fine to reduce the amount of honey in this recipe, however if you’re making it for kids I’d use the full amount.
- 1 ½ cups blanched almond flour
- ⅓ cup arrowroot starch
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup coconut milk, canned, full fat
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup raw honey, melted
- ½ green bell pepper, sliced into 24 slivers for horns
- 12 Green olives with pimento centers, sliced in half for eyes
- ¼ red bell pepper, sliced into 12 1-inch slices for mouths
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Lightly grease a 12-tin muffin pan with coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl combine the almond flour, arrowroot starch, coconut flour, baking soda, salt and turmeric. Mix until fully combined.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs. Add the coconut milk, vinegar, coconut oil and honey. Mix until well combined, then add the wet ingredients. Mix until smooth.
- Fill each muffin tin ⅔’s to the top. Use the bell pepper pieces and olives to create a face on each muffin. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden and set. Cool in the muffin pan before transferring to a wire cooling rack.